Lionel Grand Central Express Train Set (O Gauge)
Grand Central Terminal Centennial in 2013
One of America’s greatest transportation hubs and one of New York City’s most iconic buildings, Grand Central Terminal is a national institution and an international example of giving new life to an historic building that otherwise would have been destroyed. Over the course of its colorful, tumultuous, nearly 100-year history,
Grand Central has become a destination for commuters, visitors and residents alike, boasting restaurants, cocktail lounges, a gourmet market, and numerous specialty shops. Its storied Vanderbilt Hall, once the receiving area for travelers, is now a major public events space.
As it celebrates its Centennial in 2013, Grand Central Terminal stands today as one of New York City’s most famous landmarks–from its marble halls to its priceless Tiffany clock that serves as a favorite meeting place for both New Yorkers and visitors from around the world… from its singular façade adorned with the Roman god Mercury, to the evocative view of the stars on its massive interior vault.
Yes, it’s beautiful. And yes, it’s historic. But more than a landmark, Grand Central Terminal serves as the irreplaceable heart of New York’s integrated (and integral) transportation system – the thing that keeps the city itself running.
Every day 750,000 people pass through its storied hallways. It is a living, breathing monument to public transportation. A testament to the fact that bold ideas, when executed with vigor and precision, can remain as vital and important as they were 100 years ago.
NEW RailSounds RTR
• FT diesel locomotive
• Two coach cars
• Observation car
• Three straight FasTrack track sections, eight curved O-36 FasTrack track sections, a FasTrack terminal section
• CW-80 Transformer
• Transformer controlled forward, neutral, and reverse operation
• RailSounds RTR sound system with diesel revving, horn, bell, and user-activated crew dialog scenarios
• Operating headlights
• Operating coupler on both ends
• Traction tires
• Dual powerful maintenance-free motors
• Die-cast metal trucks, pilot, fuel tank
• Metal fram
• Lighted cab interior
• Engineer and conductor figures
Passenger Cars Feature:
• Die-cast metal trucks and operating couplers
• Detailed and lighted interiors
• Flexible diaphragms between cars
• Opening doors
• Each car in set is individually boxed
Gauge: Traditional O Gauge
Dimensions: Set Length: 52 ½” / Layout Dimensions: 40” x 60”
Minimum Curve: O-27
Road Name: New York Central